This extra virgin olive oil is cold smoked in Puglia using natural olive wood. On the palate, it combines delicate softness with a smooth, smoky middle interspersed with gentle spicy notes and a lingering floral finish. Here are 4 ways to use smoked olive oil.
Marinated Steaks with Smoked Olive Oil
- Generously season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons smoked olive oil, shallots, rosemary, and garlic into resealable bags along with the steaks. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove the steaks form marinade and prepare your grill. Grill to desired doneness.
Corn Salad with Smoked Olive Oil
4 ears of corn, raw or cooked to your taste
¾ cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 small jalapeño, cleaned, de-seeded and diced
1 small red onion, small diced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons smoked olive oil
½ lime, juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
- First trim the kernels off the corn cob, and place into a large bowl. Combine with the tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice. Mix to combine, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Caprese Salad with Smoked Olive Oil
- Slice both your mozzarella and tomato into thick slices.
- Assemble in overlapping layers on a plate.
- Grind some black pepper over the top.
- Drizzle with smoked olive oil.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Basil & Smoked Olive Oil Pesto
2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
¼ cup smoked olive oil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the basil in with the pine nuts and pulse a few time in a food processor or blender (you may use walnuts instead of pine nuts, just pulse them a few times first before adding the basil).
- Add the garlic and pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oils in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.